Who Links Here

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Strange Dream

I feel funny posting this, because generally, other people don't want to hear about your dreams. But then I figured, if you're coming here and reading about my life and adventures: 1. you are more likely to be interested and 2. It's reading, not listening, so you can skip it So here it is.
The boy and I were broken up, as we are, but living together at my parents' house.
He was planning to marry these two Israeli girls (who were super pale, which struck me as odd. And how did I know they were Israeli?) The reason he could marry them both was that there was an obscure loophole in the law that if the person performing the service was encased in bees, the polygamy would be legal. The bees were funneled onto the woman presiding over the marriage, which was taking place on the fireplace hearth in the den. I was responsible for holding the bee funnel, but I didn't have to wear any special clothing or anything. Just jeans and a teeshirt, funnelin' bees.
After the wedding, I was chatting with the new brides, and we found the boy's journal, which had sticky edges on its pages - like a Post-it note. I suppose it was to keep snoops like us out, but we didn't let it deter us. I mean, Post-It Note glue isn't exactly the world's strongest adhesive. We read how he'd planned this entire "dump TRM, marry these two girls" affair, but what was apparently upsetting to one of them was that he also revealed that he was fantatically into Star Wars. (this is untrue. He likes Star Wars, but not in an all out geek way.) She was horrified to learn that she'd been tricked into marrying a nerd. The other bride seemed disinterested and was just wandering around the den. I looked out the window and saw that the boy had constructed a large swimming pool under the big pinetree next to my parents' house, and knew that my dad would be pissed - it was going to screw up the drainage to his yard.

No idea what this is saying about my feelings on this breakup, but that bee funnel thing was sweet. Usually my dreams are boring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Nevermind yard drainage...ever tried to fish pine needles out of a swimming pool?

9:35 AM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, and...
"ma bees"

9:36 AM, March 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home