Who Links Here

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Or Not

So, I've not written here for a few months. There are a lot of reasons for this, mostly to do with 2006 NOT being very happy, though certainly full of change. I don't really want to go too far into it, particularly as the one person I KNOW reads this already knows the whole story, but it involves losing two people I care about very much, though one not in a completely permanent way.

But mourning time has passed, and onward and upward is our motto at Red Menace enterprises. So!

Something I'm proud of recently is this:


It's only my second pullover and intarsia project, and I'm delighted with how it came out, particularly since it's been sub-zero with the wind chill here in sunny Boston.

Something I've been listening to a lot of recently is this:
http://www.eelstheband.com Mark Oliver Everett writes happy songs about sad things, and sad songs about sad things, and rocking songs about sad things. He's doing a better job of expressing my feelings lately than I can do for myself.

Something I've noticed lately: The weird way the stuff I like spreads to other people like a delicious virus.
This primarily due to Stephanie, who, though she will never admit it, is better with people than I am and proselytizes about our common interests. We've traded so many good things between each other that some of our lists: books, music, hilarious yet geeky cartoon shows, are eerily similar to one another. She just better at getting the word out than I am. So thanks Steph, for sharing what you like with me, for liking what I share with you, and for sharing what we like with the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

First, I wanna say GO YOU!!! for making through such a craptastic start to 2006. You're a brave lady!

Second, you have super taste in music, comics, and, ahem...friends :)

9:59 PM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home